Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekly Challenge #98

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Hello everyone!

Can you believe it's December already?  Hard to believe that there are only 22 sleeps until the Fat Man cometh.  Chewie hasn't really got that it's Christmas yet, but we hope to put up our tree this week, so i'm sure we'll be in Festivus Full Force by this time next week.

Artoo is doing really well, this week, which is a real relief.  I managed to get in a full week of work too, so that was good.

However, it was finally poor little Chewie's turn to be sick.  He has strep throat.  :(
He should be feeling better soon, though, once those antibiotics kick in.  The weather has been pretty miserable lately and we tried to get out to my inlaws for supper and had to turn around and drive home.  Better to be safe.
Brutal weather

B-rad and I took a mini road trip BY OURSELVES (SQUEEE) this weekend to see our friend, Amber (hi Amber!), perform in her community Dinner Theatre.

Ryan and Amber used to live here in town and we hung out a lot.  Our kids are pretty close in age, and we all just get along so well and have such a great time together.  They are awesome.  A few years ago they moved out to a farm about an hour and a half away, so we don't see them NEARLY as much as we'd like.

On our way....why... Hello sir.
The play was so funny, and it was great to see our friends.  We had tried several times to get out there during the summer but it never worked out.

Coffee and Baileys, Good Friends, The Doors, and My Man.  Good times.


The kids were great for my mom, so we had a relaxing lounge and an amazing breakfast and then we drove back.  The hoar frost was amazing, the trees were so beautiful.  B-rad stopped the car so i could take this pic, cuz he's super sweet like that.

Probably the BEST part of winter in Saskatchewan

All in all, it was a pretty good week.

Weekly Challenge #98: "UMT v. XI: Keenees"

As some of you know, the first Monday of each month is a Use My Tangle challenge, where we all take a crack at one of the tangles created by YOU!  (You can submit your tangle using the tab above, please read carefully to ensure that your tangle follows the guidelines)

This month's Use My Tangle challenge comes courtesy of Donna Hornsby, CZT.  I really like this tangle, it's so simple and so fun.

You can see instructions for this tangle here - and maybe this summery tangle will warm up your week!
Happy Tangling!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

17 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great week....all except for Chewie, and I am happy for you. Thanks you for the UMT challenge and to Donna for the fun pattern! Keenee looks fantastic in your tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a better week despite Chewie's illness. I hope those antibiotics kick in quickly so he's feeling better. That snowy picture is beautiful!

    Thanks for a fun challenge. I had seen this pattern a long time ago and had forgotten about it. This was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your wintery pictures....we will have to live winter through you as we are sure not getting any...it is not going to be a White Christmas here I fear!! Sounds like you had a great week...weather and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keenees was a nice change of pace. Great tile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the challenge! Hadn't done keenees in a while (cuz I couldn't get it to look right mostly)LOL! But I tried it again (being inspired by those who'd already posted) and am happier. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week I zentangled earlier: http://annsichten.blogspot.de/2012/12/zentangle-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - lots of links, very few comments. Sounds like you had a nice a nice week. Love your photos, but I'm glad I didn't take them in my back yard. We had almost 60 degrees last week. SO nice. I'm glad my book is getting close to done so I have time to get back to your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!
    I don’t know how you feel about rewards, but I would like to nominate you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Here is what you should do:

    1. Display the award logo in your blog (it can be found in my blogpost http://creativedoodlingwithjudy.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/inspirational-blog-award.html#comment-form
    2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
    3. State 7 things about yourself.
    4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
    5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.

    Kind regards,
    //Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to make the tangle a little more intesting, and I love the color blue, so the two colided!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge, and a good adventure for you, too. I think your frosty winter picture is a nature tangle. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Working backwards through the past challenges. Here's mine: http://tictactangle.blogspot.com/2013/01/itsy-bitsy-hidden-bikini.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please remove my # 91, it had the wrong link ... sorry for the mix-up, and thanks! #92 is the right link! :)

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!